- Groups of one to two may request a ride. Seating within vehicles will follow seating arrangements.
- Disposable face masks will be available to riders who forget to bring one with them. A face covering will be required. Face shields will be available to those who prefer an alternative to a face mask.
- Disinfectant wipes will be available to riders. Staff will request that riders wipe down their seat, seatbelt buckle, handles and any surfaces they touch in the vehicle.
- If a rider forgets or refuses to wipe down their area, then a staff member will complete the task.
How to Ride:
- Call 541 – 346 – 7433
- Outside of business hours – Leave a voicemail if you would like to request a scheduled ride for that night
- During business hours – Speak with a dispatcher to request a scheduled ride (as available) or a ride based on a first come, first serve process
What to Know Before You Ride:
- Duck Rides will offer rides between 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. every day.
- The service will comply with federal, state, and local health and safety guidelines by: significantly limiting ridership in vehicles, requiring riders and drivers to wear face coverings at all times, placing plastic plexiglass between the driver and passenger spaces, cleaning each passenger’s personal area with wipes after each ride, and disinfecting vans at the end of every night with the Clorox 360 System.
- All rides will be limited to a maximum of two passengers.
- The service will use a hybrid scheduling system, with some vans reserved for scheduled rides and some reserved for on-demand service.
- The primary goal of Duck Rides is to provide an option for students and employees for essential transportation. While we will not designate specific locations as “essential,” vans will not take students to locations of known parties or social gatherings. We will also not take students to bars or restaurants.